Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Creamy Italian Dressing in a Jiffy!


Do you ever prepare a salad for dinner only to find that after everything's ready there's no dressing?!  I've been making this Creamy Italian dressing for a few years.  Homemade dressings may seem daunting, but  this recipe is easy.  I always have the ingredients on hand, and it tastes delicious.  Also, Italian dressings are pretty much universally liked.  One ingredient I didn't have on hand was Italian seasoning.  I just mixed up my own recipe which is recorded on my post, For Seasoned Cooks.  The recipe made more than I could fit in my spice jar so I put the rest in a small baggie with the recipe for Creamy Italian dressing written on the bag.  I plan on giving this away as a small gift for a friend.

Creamy Italian
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 small onion
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt or powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Place all ingredients in blender container; cover.  Blend on medium speed 15 seconds or until smooth.  Cover; chill.  Makes about 1-1/4 cups.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...