Friday, December 2, 2011

Better Than Potpourri Brew

Made a smaller pot of this fragrant brew.
This may not look beautiful, but the mixture smells great!  (It is not for consumption).  It works great to get strong smells out of your kitchen as well.  I think I found this recipe and some of the following information in Southern Living Magazine.  I used the Better-Than-Potpourri Brew when showing my home for sale and sold my house within 2 months!

Better Than Potpourri Brew
6 cups water
Peel from 1 apple
Rind from 1 lemon
Rind from 1 orange
1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and quartered
3 (2-inch) sticks cinnamon
16 whole cloves
1 teaspoon whole allspice
2 teaspoons pickling spice
Bring all ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven over high heat.  Reduce heat, and simmer.  Gradually add more water as the liquid evaporates.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...