Monday, July 11, 2011

CopyCat Magazine Little House Unit


Little House Dioramas made from grocery paper sacks.

This was probably the most enjoyable and  memorable unit of study my children and I did while homeschooling.  History is probably my favorite subject, especially American History.  I was overjoyed when I found this Jan/Feb 96 CopyCat Magazine unit on the Little House series because I loved to watch the show in the 1970s as a little girl and read the books that my grandmother would buy me each birthday.  I couldn't wait to share these books with my children and read them all over again together.  In celebration of Pioneer Day this month (July 24th), I'm sharing this CopyCat unit here and at my regular blog for CopyCat fans (http://homemakersjournal.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/copycat-little-house-adventure/)!

Sod house replica made a few yrs. later.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...