Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Church Newsletter Ideas

Simplest Newsletter
I once had a church assignment where I sent a list of seldom seen sisters a message in the mail each month.  I started writing a newsletter to them.  My goal was to keep these less-active sisters connected with our church.  I wanted it to be an easy transition for them when they returned by knowing what was going on.  As a church secretary, I expanded on the idea.

This example shows you the simplest form I've used, but most of the last year I had a spotlight where I took a picture of a sister and wrote a paragraph about her (including her church assignment).  Hopefully, this helped folks old and new, get to know people. This SugarDoodle link was my inspiration: http://www.sugardoodle.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6532:relief-society-newsletter-template&catid=2650:-sp-801&Itemid=200411

I have also included regular short "articles" entitled Pursuit of Excellence which encouraged goal setting, Provident Living a preparedness feature, as well as Today's Family and a 3-Month Clip & File Food Storage Recipes.  Interspersed were really good quotes.  I put in phone numbers for the church leaders and contact people. 

For better viewing of the newsletters, click on each picture to enlarge.  (Graphics are Dazzle Daze by D.J. Inkers at www.djinkers.com). 
Spotlight and Today's Family Example

July page 2 - Clip & File Recipe Example

July page 1 - Provident Living and Pursuit of Excellence Examples


2 comments:

Mary O said...

Is it possible to get use of your newsletter template?

Mrs. Goody Twoshoes said...

I think this SugarDoodle link was what I used: http://www.sugardoodle.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6532:relief-society-newsletter-template&catid=2650:-sp-801&Itemid=200411

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...